Whoops
I got a little overexcited at the prospect of not having to worry so much about money while living at home and went on a little shopping spree. Well, several little shopping sprees. Some of my purchases were necessities and therefore completely justified and guilt-free - such as an air conditioner, painting supplies, lingerie. (YES, lingerie is a necessity. Do you know how galling it is to a woman's spirit to schlep through a bad day knowing that on top of all the mundanity of life she is also wearing a really boring bra without a shred of lace on it and cotton Hanes?) Alas, most of them were not - meals at too-expensive restaurants and several items of clothes that I probably could have done without. Others were simply acts of sheer stupidity - for instance, I paid $41 to park my car in a parking garage near the United Nations while I went to visit my friend Diana and her newborn baby Rafa (short for Rafael, and who is the most adorable little boy EVER). Granted, I was supremely frustrated after driving in midtown afternoon traffic for forty-five minutes trying to find parking only to be constantly thwarted by "Diplomat Parking Only" or "Consul Parking Only" signs. But still.
Yeah. I am dumb. Basically in about a week's time I've raced through as much money as I normally would have spent in a month. Sure I had a gaily carefree time, but now I feel like kicking myself. The point of living at home was to save money. Time to put myself back on a budget. I'm probably not going to see a paycheck for over a month... I'm not even sure when my first day is. Stupid stupid stupid!
Yeah. I am dumb. Basically in about a week's time I've raced through as much money as I normally would have spent in a month. Sure I had a gaily carefree time, but now I feel like kicking myself. The point of living at home was to save money. Time to put myself back on a budget. I'm probably not going to see a paycheck for over a month... I'm not even sure when my first day is. Stupid stupid stupid!


1 Comments:
How galling it is to a man's spirit to schlep through a bad day thinking that on top of all the mundanity of life the woman sitting next to him on the subway is also wearing a really boring bra without a shred of lace on it and cotton Hanes.
Post a Comment
<< Home