Thursday, August 03, 2006

Firsts

I did a lot of things for the first time this weekend. I am listing them for posterity.

1. I used a Port-a-Potty. It was in Congress Park in Saratoga Springs, which incidentally is a very pretty place. The landscaping is beautiful and there are lots of columns and statues and ducks and fountains sprinkled about. The Port-a-Potty experience was one I could have done without. Although I suppose it could have been worse. One time I watched a clip from a Japanese candid camera show where men would get into a Port-a-Potty and five seconds after they locked the door behind them the roof would open and the floor would ascend, leaving the men on top of the Port-a-Potty with their pants down. It was pretty sick. That would never happen in America - the television network would be sued faster than someone could point and say "Hahahahaha!"

2. I watched The Tempest. That Shakespeare. What a nut.

3. I ate ribs. I know not a lot of people would believe that a 26-year-old American girl had never eaten BBQ ribs before, but I haven't. It was at a place called Giffy's. It was pretty delicious. That's all.

4. I tried waterskiing. It's really hard. My friend Agnes is an expert at and she would just pop right up and ski along even when the boat was going 35 miles per hour. At one point she let go of the rope because she got tired but she was still able to skim along the water for about 10 seconds on her own momentum. I thought I'd be able to do it too but I could hardly get myself up at all. Every time the boat started I would go flying forward, land facedown in the water, and the skis would turn under the water and pop up behind me and hit me in the head.

5. I drove an ATV. That's an all-terrain vehicle, in case you didn't know. It was SO much fun. I drove it through this big muddy field over branches and ditches and rocks and bushes and bramble. Then I tried to drive the ATV through the forest to get back out to the main road and the ATV overheated and turned off. Thankfully it turned off once I got into the forest and not while I was in the big muddy field because then I wouldn't have been able to get off without caking myself in mud. As it was, I just left the ATV where it was to cool off and walked through the forest back to the main road. But on my way I saw these big bones. It was creepy. It looked like a human arm bones to me but Agnes said it was probably just a deer.

6. I rode an old-fashioned carousel. It wasn't terribly exciting but it was fun. The carousel had been hand-carved by a Lithuanian master woodcarver and was very beautiful.

7. I ate pate. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Hm. That's all for now. I have something really important to go do now... shopping. Wheeeee! I love vacation!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Anthony said...

MEGAPATH

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha that was fun :)

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home