Domestic Corn
Julie and my brother are SO corny. As I type, they are engaging in one of their favorite activities: music night. On music night, they put some sappy Blue Rodeo song on the stereo and upload the guitar tabs and lyrics to the TV screen. Julie then plays the guitar along to Blue Rodeo on the stereo, while my brother plugs in the mike and belts out the lyrics. The whole time, their eyes are glued to the TV screen since that is where the guitar tabs and lyrics are.
They also dress to match each other every single time they go to church. As in, if Julie wears a brown dress with cream piping, my brother will wear a cream suit with a dark brown dress shirt and a cream tie. Or if my brother wears a lime green tie, Julie puts on a lime green skirt. On purpose. They've admitted it to me.
There are more examples of their corniness, but its not that cool to talk about and plus they are my family and I love them and I feel like I'm making fun of them so I will stop.
They also dress to match each other every single time they go to church. As in, if Julie wears a brown dress with cream piping, my brother will wear a cream suit with a dark brown dress shirt and a cream tie. Or if my brother wears a lime green tie, Julie puts on a lime green skirt. On purpose. They've admitted it to me.
There are more examples of their corniness, but its not that cool to talk about and plus they are my family and I love them and I feel like I'm making fun of them so I will stop.
* * *
Canadians are really bad drivers.
Also, Canadian local roads are called "Collectors." As in, instead of having an express spur and a local spur of a highway, they will have an express spur and a collectors spur. Very strange.
One awesome thing on the Canadian roads. Today as I drove down the Don Valley Parkway I saw a highway sign that said, "RED LIGHT. IT WON'T KILL YOU TO STOP." It really impressed me for some reason.
Also, Canadian local roads are called "Collectors." As in, instead of having an express spur and a local spur of a highway, they will have an express spur and a collectors spur. Very strange.
One awesome thing on the Canadian roads. Today as I drove down the Don Valley Parkway I saw a highway sign that said, "RED LIGHT. IT WON'T KILL YOU TO STOP." It really impressed me for some reason.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home