Whoooppeeeeeee!!!!
I PASSED THE NEW JERSEY BAR EXAM!!! WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
I'm not off the hook though. Five days until New York bar exam results come out. That's way more important since I work in New York. And passing the New Jersey bar doesn't mean I passed New York by a long shot, since the New Jersey bar exam is waaaay easier than New York's.
However, a part of me is hoping that passing New Jersey means I must have passed New York because I was really not in top condition on the New Jersey test day. In fact, I was a mess, completely fatigued and tired and headachey, because I had been up fighting with my boyfriend until one o'clock in the morning the night before. So, if I managed to pass New Jersey under such challenging conditions, I must have passed New York, since I was pretty much in prime condition (thanks to my boyfriend, who drove me to Albany and coddled me for the three days I was there studying and taking the bar) when I took the New York bar. Right? Right???
ARGH. If you pray, pray for me. Imma just keep my fingers crossed.
I'm not off the hook though. Five days until New York bar exam results come out. That's way more important since I work in New York. And passing the New Jersey bar doesn't mean I passed New York by a long shot, since the New Jersey bar exam is waaaay easier than New York's.
However, a part of me is hoping that passing New Jersey means I must have passed New York because I was really not in top condition on the New Jersey test day. In fact, I was a mess, completely fatigued and tired and headachey, because I had been up fighting with my boyfriend until one o'clock in the morning the night before. So, if I managed to pass New Jersey under such challenging conditions, I must have passed New York, since I was pretty much in prime condition (thanks to my boyfriend, who drove me to Albany and coddled me for the three days I was there studying and taking the bar) when I took the New York bar. Right? Right???
ARGH. If you pray, pray for me. Imma just keep my fingers crossed.
* * *
By the way - WOOHOOOOO! DEMS DEMS DEMS!
* * *
Tonight I saw Butley, the new play with Nathan Lane. A lot of people hated it and left after the intermission. But I actually thought it was pretty good - at least I thought the writing was good and the story compelling. Butley is an intellectual man, an English professor at a university in London. And everything is going wrong for him. At first you are sorry for him, but as the play goes on you stop feeling sorry because you realize that he is all brains and no heart, and a small, small person. He thinks he is soooooooo clever and sooooooo smart but instead he's just a selfish tyrant. He thinks he's got everyone else figured out - everyone else is stupid or trite or boring or weak or fake when in fact they are just human. And Butley is nothing but a nasty middle-aged man, left all alone.
I do have to deplore the acting, though. Nathan Lane was excellent but everybody else had these HORRIBLE accents. I mean - come on. One particular actor shifted from an Australian accent to a Southern Brit accent to a Scottish accent to an Irish accent with definite American accent slips. Two other actresses just sounded completely silly and were totally overacting. I felt like I was watching students in a high school play whenever they came on.
I do have to deplore the acting, though. Nathan Lane was excellent but everybody else had these HORRIBLE accents. I mean - come on. One particular actor shifted from an Australian accent to a Southern Brit accent to a Scottish accent to an Irish accent with definite American accent slips. Two other actresses just sounded completely silly and were totally overacting. I felt like I was watching students in a high school play whenever they came on.


1 Comments:
:)
Post a Comment
<< Home