Diaper Defender
I cannot believe I just spent 22 minutes writing a review of diapers. Yes, this is what my life has come to. For those of you who care, which is exactly zero, which is also equal to the number of persons who read this blog, which allows me to write whatever I want with complete impunity, Pampers "upgraded" their Cruisers diapers with "Dry-Max Technology." This has caused literally hundreds of hysterical parents to write negative reviews essentially claiming that Pampers has sold its soul to the devil and replaced a previously perfect product with a problematic diaper that causes rashes and leaks and gives their children STDs. Okay, that last part was a lie. Anyway, when I went to order another jumbo box of these diapers from my favorite online retailer who guarantees FREE next-day delivery (very important when you are down to ten or so diapers and you KNOW you're going to be too lazy to make it over to Target), I felt compelled to defend my choice of diaper. So for the first time in my life, I actually wrote a product review. FOR A DIAPER. GODDAMMIT.


3 Comments:
Am I your first reader? That would be pretty cool :) My name is Pattie and I work at Pampers. I came across your blog and I'm intrigued. I'd love to see what you think of the Cruisers with Dry Max, especially with the time you put into it. Do you have a link to your review?
Hi Pattie at Pampers. Hm, perhaps diapers.com has decided not to run my review because I can't find it on the website. But, I've copy/pasted it below from the verification email they sent me, if you're really interested. I might have been exaggerated a bit when I said I spent 22 minutes on it though...
***
By Janey from Weehawken, New Jersey on 5/24/2010
Your Rating: 5 stars
Headline: Love the thin Dry Max diapers!
Pros : Adjustable Fit, Soft, Snug Fit, Highly Absorbent, Good Value
Best Uses : Infants
Describe Yourself : First Time Parent
I love these diapers. I was really upset when I had to move my baby past the supersoft Pampers Swaddlers as the old Pampers Cruisers seemed stiff and plastic-y. Then we switched to the Huggies Little Movers which seemed a littler softer but still a little bulky and plastic-like. Then I noticed the Pampers had the new Dry-Max Cruisers. I was a little nervous to try it out as I read all the negative reviews, but after using it for a month I had to come back to say that I have had a completely different experience than the negative reviewers. These new diapers are much softer and thinner than the old Cruisers or the Huggies Little Movers, and my daughter seems to be much more comfortable in them as she has much less bulk between her little legs. I've had zero problems with leakage or rashes - in fact, the only time she had a rash was when using the Huggies Little Movers (although I don't think it was because of the diapers, just that she went through a period where she was pooping about once every hour). Also, the diaper is long, so it goes very high on her back, which means that she's had no back blow-outs (which were a problem with the old Pampers Cruisers). Finally, they seem super absorbent - my daughter used to always wake up once in the middle of the night because her diaper was wet. However, with the Dry-Max, she's been sleeping through the night no problem, which I attribute to the absorbency of the diaper and her little bum staying nice and dry. All in all, I am really pleased with these and will definitely stick with the new Dry-Max Cruisers. The only complaint that I have is that I wish the back of the diaper was gathered the way the Huggies Little Movers are, so its a little stretchy, but overall I think this diaper is superior to the Little Movers.
Love the review! Thanks so much for posting it here for me. I'll be sure to share it with the rest of the team. Hope you have a great weekend!
Post a Comment
<< Home